Home Robotiq Products

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
ruihao_xieruihao_xie Posts: 8 Apprentice
I have a UR3 robotic arm and a wrist camera, which can realize object recognition on the teach pendant, but I hope that the recognition algorithm can be changed.
I designed a CNN algorithm and hope to use it.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Comments

• ruihao_xieruihao_xie Posts: 8 Apprentice
    edited October 27
    bcastets said:
    You can retreive the image of the last screw shoot taken by the camera and process it.

Check this post:
    https://dof.robotiq.com/discussion/275/wrist-camera-live-image

I did it this way. My browser shows "status:  success",and I can see the picture. Thank you very much.

and,second question,I want to change the model of the neural network.
    I do not know what to do.
    bcastets said:
    @ruihao_xie
    You can only get the imagine from the camera. Once you have this imagine you can analyze it on a PC using the technology of your choice. It could be neural network.

There is no CNN involve with the camera.

https://scikit-image.org/ is  nice image processing library.
    You also have Opencv. The website https://learnopencv.com/ is good to learn opencv.
      Is there no CNN involve with the camera ?  How does camera recognize objects ?

• bcastetsbcastets Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 502 Expert
    @ruihao_xie
    We have a software analyzing images on the UR controller. It use traditional vision algorithms. We don't use CNN.
    bcastets said:
    @ruihao_xie
    We have a software analyzing images on the UR controller. It use traditional vision algorithms. We don't use CNN.
    So, can I only use the CNN algorithm externally?

Is there any other way besides this?
    @ruihao_xie
    As you have the image of the camera, you can do what you want with a custom vision algorithm. Use CNN or other technology to analyse the image.
    edited October 28
    bcastets said:
    @ruihao_xie
    As you have the image of the camera, you can do what you want with a custom vision algorithm. Use CNN or other technology to analyse the image.
    I want to use the camera to take pictures of apples ,and I will use CNN to identify it.
    and I want let the UR3 arm grab it. What should I learn?
    Thank you very much!
    @ruihao_xie
    You have to learn how to analyze image with vision library like openCV. It is quite complex.
    bcastets said:
    @ruihao_xie
    You have to learn how to analyze image with vision library like openCV. It is quite complex.
    I want to recognize Apple.
    If the camera recognizes an apple, how to drive the robotic arm to automatically grab the apple?
    @ruihao_xie
    It is quite complex operation. You may find information about such project on the web. It is difficult for me to explain this in details.
    bcastets said:
    @ruihao_xie
    It is quite complex operation. You may find information about such project on the web. It is difficult for me to explain this in details.
    Very grateful for your help