DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
EdT

I'm making this new thread because the older one went blocked and I cannot longer answer on it. This is what I asked:

Hi, guys!
I'm having some problems with my programming, hope some of you can help me.
So, the thing is I'm working on implementing the function get_tool_accelerometer_reading() but it says the return value is the acceleration respect the tool coordinates but I need the values to be respect the base coordinates in order to work with them. Is there anyway to change Tool coordinates into Base coordinates? I've been searching but I do not find anything.
ps: Is my approach right or am I terribly wrong on understing the return value of that function??
zoom

And answering to @matthewd92 who asked for a description of the use case, here it goes:

Of course, we are designing and application in which the robot is set on a movil platform, this means that the robot inclination is going to change. So what we want to know is if we can use this accelerometer function to get the acceleration and once we have that, obtain the position the robot is in that moment. We are working with coordinates relative to the base system that's why we needed the measure of the accelerometer to be also in that reference system and reading the description of the function we were not sure if the return values were relative to the base system or the tool system.

Hope is more clear now. 

Thank you guys!

(also I wanted to create a discussion instead of a question but the category selection didn't seem to be working for me).