Home Troubleshooting

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
CedricundertCedricundert Posts: 7 Apprentice
I am programming a Paletising programm for sheet metal parts and while testing the program, it often happened that after the program loop was executed without any problems, the robot rotated the Joint wrist 1 180 dg. This also meant, that wrist 3 had to counter the rotation to keep the Tool oriented correctly. This costs a lot of time between cycles which is unpractical and confused me a lot. But after the next cycle started, Wrist 1 rotated another 180 dg which caused the program to stop, since wrist 3 was now at its joint limit. I tried to solve this problem by limiting the joint wrist one in the safety installation, but that had no effect on the problem except that it stopped one cycle earlier (bc I limited the range of motion that greatly that it couldnt rotate 180 dg). This is really frustrating, since there is no way I can think of that could fix this. Could it be that the kinematics Calculation doesnt care at all about joint limits and just outputs the shortest delta angles? Im looking forward for any solutions, suggestions or even just insights how this problem occurs! Thanks in Advance

Best Answer

• matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,223 Handy
    Accepted Answer
    Sory, dang autocorrect, qnear. Its a list of joint positions that the solution should be near, not the actual joint positions but the solution that is closer to these positions is the solution that is returned.

Comments

• bcastetsbcastets Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 382 Handy
    Which palletizing system are you using ? If you are using Robotiq palletizing solution (https://robotiq.com/applications/palletizing) with UR10 robot, please send your feedback to [email protected] We will advise to make sure the robot use the best trajectory.

Our software calculates optimal trajectories and manage this kind of problems.

If you are doing a custom program, you may be able to manage this issue by choosing the appropriate type of move: MoveL, MoveJ or MoveP.

• CedricundertCedricundert Posts: 7 Apprentice
    I am doing a custom Program, since the robot I'm working on is mounted on a linear axis. One Question I have is why should the robot choose a different Joint Rotation for the same Position. I will certainly try out your proposal and thanks for the answer!
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,223 Handy
    When you are calculating the pose are you using quest in your calculation?  There are always two joint solutions for any pose so you can force the calculation to return the solution that is closest to the desired joint angles. 
    No I'm not, it seems Logical that there are two Solutions for almost any pose, but I've never heard of "quest" to choose which one is gonna be used. How do you use this? Is this in UR script? 
    Ohh, thats Pretty smart! Thanks for the idea @matthewd92 , I will use a fixed Position for this, thank you so much, saved my week!!!
    Let us know if that fixes the problem you were having.