DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
Gabriel_Boucher

Hello @ZH2112,

I have tested our products on the AUBO i5 robots and they work well. For simple pick and place applications, this robot works well and all of our adaptive grippers (2F-85, 2F-140, Hand-E) work. All you need to do is to download the plug-in from their FAQ website and install it. The procedure is explained in our Gripper Instruction Manuals available on our
website. The only comment I have regarding the robot itself is to be careful concerning the speed of the robot, it can go quite fast.

For your question about the best cobot, there is no simple answer. It depends on the payload, performances, and accessibility. Most cobots will be able to perform well in a lot of similar tasks, but some have features that allows them to perform more complicated tasks. For example, if you plan on doing assembly, UR robots using our FT300 sensor allow you to do insertions, click detection, and other things. It is also possible to use our FT300 sensor on TM robots to do simple insertions. This may not be possible with other cobots that do not have force feedback or are not compatible with our force/torque sensor.

Hope this helps,
Gabriel