Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
ZH2112ZH2112 Posts: 7 Apprentice
Is it some kind of safety configuration? I just find it much easier to move the UR with both hands :<. Sorry for stupid question LOL XD
Tagged:

Best Answers

Comments

• newusernewuser Posts: 1Unconfirmed Recruit
    @ZH2112, it would be possible to install a switch on the IOs and assign it to the freedrive function. This would allow you to turn on the freedrive and move the robot with two hands. You can assign the IO function from the installation tab.
    What version of the UR will this work on? Can someone please provide a guide on how to do this?
  • ZH2112ZH2112 Posts: 7 Apprentice
    Would there be any significant downside to having freedrive on all the time? I've also realised I could have just connected 24v to a desired input and assign freedrive when needed.
  • Nicholas_FrancoeurNicholas_Francoeur Posts: 81Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Handy
    @ZH2112, you won't be able to run any program while on freedrive if I'm not mistaken. It can be activated from within a running program using some specific functions though.

You also might want to jog the robot to a specific or more precise position at some point, this would be impossible with the freedrive on.