Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
FabianFabian Posts: 6 Apprentice
edited December 2017 in Troubleshooting
Guys, I am trying to implement an application where a UR5 picks parts from a conveyor belt using a Robotiq 2F-85.
Parts are being located using a SICK Inspector camera which features a URCap plug-in.

While the application is relatively simple, we have trouble running the program in a loop. The robot will always use and approach the object location detected in the FIRST program cycle, even if the object location changes in the following cycles or there is no object to localize in the following cycles.

Same when I use the MoveToCamPos command (familiar to those of you who also use the SICK Inspector) several times within one program, it will never get new coordinates but only use the ones detected initially (at first occurence of that command) and move to that position again and again everytime the command is used again. 

Has anyone ever had the same experience and probably a suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks!
Fabian

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 693Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    @Fabian I can’t recall ever having that exact issue but we’ve had others using it. Have you tried watching on the installation tab the view of the camera image while the program is running to see if a new image is being triggered?  Which version are you running of the URCap?
  • FabianFabian Posts: 6 Apprentice
    Hi Matthew,

Yes, in the "Live View" it looks totally fine. same when I monitor cam operations through SOPAS.
    Interestingly, if I assign the SICK_objLocated variable back to 0 at the end of the program, in the following cycle it will jump back to 1 when coming to MoveToCamPos command, even if there is no object in the FOV.
    So I assume the camera is somehow "caching" the first position it detected and gives that to the robot again without updating the coordinates from cycle to cycle. 
    Only if I manually stop the program and restart it, the camera will find a new object location, but again only in the first cycle and then continues to use that location until next manual restart...
    It is a 1.4.2 version

what were your issues? Curious to know... because I am in total not really satisfied neither.
    have SICK folks coming in on Friday to discuss several topics we have with the cam, but this issue is more urgent so I thought I'd ask here..

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 693Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    We were on the initial release and had a number of issues with locations not being correct. Camera losing connectivity using trigger over Ethernet, we would have had to hard wire it to have a physical trigger. 

We use them on several robots but have chosen to not ise the cap, rather we just connect via a socket and pull in the data we want and parse it ourselves. Once we did that it’s been a good camera. Two of the cameras have processed over 2.3 million parts each this year, one on a UR3 and the other on a UR5. 
  • deepthinagelladeepthinagella Posts: 3 Apprentice
    Hi,

I have few questions regarding SICK Inspector camera for the UR10.

1. Do we need to install UR+ plugins for Teach pendent? If so can you please provide us with the link to download.
    2. Is SOPAS Engineering Tool software is required to capture my project? If so can you please provide me the software link.

If you can explain me in detail step by step from hardware connection to programming that would be great.

Thanks.
  • mkardasinskimkardasinski Posts: 21 Apprentice
    @deepthinagella ;

1. Yes. You can find the UR Cap download at the product site for the SICK PIM60.
    2. Yes SOPAS is required to configure the object to be located and configure the camera. Again download from the SICK website.

There is a PDF included with the UR Cap download that explains setup. For programming search YouTube there is a 3 part video series that teaches how to use the PIM60 & UR.