Home Robotiq Products

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
mbanerjeembanerjee Partner Posts: 4 Apprentice
So I'm looking at this page in the FT300 manual and it says it was last updated April 2017.

With the overhaul of the sensor that decreased signal noise, are the updated specs available anywhere online?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Comments

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy
    @mbanerjee we will be working on the specs this week and probably next week. When they are final & ready for release we will probably contact everyone through our mailing list and other means. What you had a the RUC last week was a preview, job is almost finish though.
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • mbanerjeembanerjee Partner Posts: 4 Apprentice
    Awesome, thank you very much!
  • Michael_PerezMichael_Perez Beta Tester Camera URCap 1.2.0-beta Posts: 9 Apprentice
    Sorry for asking again, is there any specs on the new version of the FT300? Are the sensor getting release already?

Michael Perez

Engineering Manager

Campbell & George Co.

A division of Buchanan Automation Inc.

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy
    We are getting data from our first batch of improved FT-300, it's almost there! It's on top of my to-do, as soon as we get the specs out, I'll post them, or maybe @JeanPhilippe_Jobin

One important thing to understand too: We are focusing on the applications, not the spec.We will work a lot in the coming weeks to build Skills that allows you to do advanced applications along with the new URCaps, I think that will be the most exciting part of this release. 
    Etienne Samson
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • mbanerjeembanerjee Partner Posts: 4 Apprentice
    @Etienne_Samson - Thank you for the update! Looking forward to the new software updates.
  • URTrentURTrent Posts: 4 Apprentice
    It's great to hear that the new version of the FT-300 will be much more capable!  It sounds that to get these new capabilities I'd have to buy the new version of the FT-300 torque cell to replace my old one, is it simply a swap out of the old to new cell and everything is good to go with more capability?
    @URTrent you can swap them yes, the update only change the internal components (electronics), there is no change in dimensions or fitting. The change is also transparent to the software, you get a signal with less noise and better accuracy but nothing else change. An old program will keep on working with the new sensor.
    Etienne Samson
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]