Back to discussions page
How to determine if my sensor is functional
/ Most recent by Aarjav
Here is a procedure to help you confirm if your Robotiq FT-300 is functional.
- Verify that the Sensor is connected according to the Installation section of this manual.
- When powered, verify that the LED on the Sensor is blue (not red/blue).
- FT 150 LED is blue if functional (streaming)
- FT 300 LED is red if powered without communication, blue if powered with communication
- Power-off the Sensor and then connect the provided USB/485 converter to a USB port of a Windows PC.
- In the Windows PC, open the Device Manager.
- You should see a "USB Serial Port" device in the "Ports (COM & LPT)" category. If not, it is possible that the converter drivers have not installed automatically. You can download the driver from the ftdichip.com website.
- Power the Sensor with the recommended voltage.
- Download the simple data logger application at: support.robotiq.com
- Run the data logger application. Enter 100 for the number of data per 10 seconds and any file name (for example "test.csv").
- Verify that the sensor data is displayed in the Windows console application.