DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
T800_412

Here is an example of the script code from one of our production programs that has 3 TCP's, this is the script that was generated from the .urp polyscope file but it shows you how its used.

. set_tcp(p[-0.11324,0.0,0.11216,0.0,-0.757,0.0])
  set_payload(2.0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.1])
  set_gravity([0.0, 0.0, 9.82])
Which TCP is set to this value? I am trying to do something similar here, but getting a TCP disagreement error which then the unit wants me to reinitialize.

Scenario is to use TCP1 p[0,0,240,0,0,0] and then move the TCP to a feature point. Using the Find Surface function (formerly rq_linear_search) move down in Z until contact is made. Then, switch to TCP p[0,0,0,0,0,0] (tool flange setting), then get actual TCP pose. The Z height then gives the actual TCP offset desired (The bottom of the thing in the gripper). Lastly, use the set command to switch to TCP2, then do the set_tcp(p[0,0,Z_offset,0,0,0])

The idea here, is to then use TCP2 for subsequent move commands, knowing that the actual bottom of the gripped object is being moved where needed, regardless of variations in thickness of objects.

T800_412

Thank you @matthewd92

matthewd92

You’re welcome 

mpatel

@VT_340 you can use this script function, set_tcp(pose),  to change the tcp by passing in a pose representing the offset in x, y z and the rotation of the tcp around x, y and z

Here is an example of the script code from one of our production programs that has 3 TCP's, this is the script that was generated from the .urp polyscope file but it shows you how its used.

. set_tcp(p[-0.11324,0.0,0.11216,0.0,-0.757,0.0])
  set_payload(2.0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.1])
  set_gravity([0.0, 0.0, 9.82])

The set_payload has 2 arguments, the mass in kg, in this case 2, and the CoG in meters from the tool flange

The set_gravity is telling the system the magnitude of gravity in each of the axes, in this case the robot is mounted normally (base parallel with the ground) so all of the gravity is acting in a single axis, Z.

Hi Matthew,

I am dealing with a similar problem. I chnage the TCP in z-axiz for 175 mm and now the program works find with the MoveJ, however the pick and place point for the parts now shifted 175 mm in the z axis. How can i solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.