Home Robotiq Products

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
fjmayerfjmayer Partner Posts: 8 Apprentice

Hi,

I speculate if the RQ gripper and torque sensor will last on our mobile outdoor UR Robot carrier.  

Some rain, cold, heat, dust and shaking while ZELOS is travelling.  

any thoughts or experiance so far?

regards

Oliver

Comments

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy
    @fjmayer are you using the FT-150 or the FT-300? Only the FT-150 is fully sealed (should be IP 67).
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • fjmayerfjmayer Partner Posts: 8 Apprentice

at the moment I'm just speculate about how/if I can use RQ products on this carrier. I could use the FT-150. More important seems to be if I can use the gripper.

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy
    @fjmayer ahhhh ok! I thought you already had things in place. What would be the application? Is it running in non-stop use? The 2-Finger would work fine with liquid splash and dust etc. But it will probably require more maintenance with this harsh environnement.

The FT-300 would require more protection to be used (custom covers) while the FT-150 will be fine on its own and requires no maintenance.
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • Nicolas_HardyNicolas_Hardy Posts: 10 Apprentice
    @fjmayer for both the robot and the gripper submitted to various outdoor conditions, you should consider a protective boot. You can always work with IP54 protection rating like most robot joints and our 2F85 / FT300, but you have to be more selective on your outdoor sessions . @michaeltur do you have any suggestion or comment fabric material and options for outdoor protective covers that have been used for such application?
    Nicolas Hardy
    Application Engineer
    [email protected]
  • fjmayerfjmayer Partner Posts: 8 Apprentice

ok, I was not sure if IP54 is sufficient. I plan anyway to put the robot arm in some protective sleeve because I have no big trust in the joint seals.
    ZELOS has always some kind of protective boot for recharching the batteries and if not in use. the aplication is a wide range and depends on customers requirements. It's a modular carrier base, not all carriers will have a UR robot on top. for military and police force applications I guess a very sensitive gripper System could be handy. the main application field are automated inspections at rough industrial terrains, agriculture and archeologie.  

• michaelturmichaeltur Posts: 2 Recruit
    We have several materials which would work in an outdoor environment.  Although the materials themselves are water-proof, once we sew/assemble the material into a Robosuit, I cannot make the statement the Robosuit is then water-tight or water-proof.  It is more water-resistant.  We do not carry any IP ratings on our suits, but we have many installed in outdoor, or wet, applications with success.  We also offer gripper covers for both the 2 (2F85) and 3 finger grippers. 
  • jerryyangjerryyang Posts: 2 Recruit
    @michaeltur Would you provide the material items for water-proof in 2(2F85)?
  • michaelturmichaeltur Posts: 2 Recruit
    Jerry, please visit our website at www.roboworld.com and complete the quote request so that I have all of your information.  Thank you
  • jerryyangjerryyang Posts: 2 Recruit
    @michaeltur  I am working on that. thanks