DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
matthewd92

@C_Hoover here is the link to the URScript 3.3 manual, assuming you are running a 3.3 version software.  You can find all the manuals, drawings, software updates at the Universal Robots Support page.  There are some how-to's and FAQ's out there as well.  The how-to's are not always as clear and complete as they should be.  The best advice I can give about URScript is to just dive in.  The great thing is you can write your own functions so that programming can be easier.  For instance, most of our installs we use pneumatics for something.  SO with a gripper usually you will want a delay anytime you open or close it to give it a chance to perform the action.  You would normally have to write something like:

zoom

With URScript though you can write a simple function like this:

zoom

So that you can now write your program like this:

zoom

This is a very simple case of how to use the script functionality.  We have a standard library of our own functions that we deploy with each of the robots.  It allows us to simply call the things that we do a lot on each of the robots and not have to recreate the wheel each and every time.

I highly recommend playing around on the UR support site.  The great thing is you have a simulator that you can put on your desktop that matches exactly to the robot.  We will write a bunch of code on the laptop and then simply transfer it to the robot.  Its easier to type out complex stuff that way.  One of the gripes I have with the UR touch pendant is there is no way in Polyscope to define and external keyboard as anything other than Danish....makes it hard to type on one when you have to remember that " is shift 2 and that none of the other symbols line up either.