Home Robotiq Products

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
What material is the gripper made out of?

Comments

• LouisAlexis_DemersLouisAlexis_Demers Beta Tester Beetle, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 7 Crew
    edited September 2016
    The casing+fingers of all our grippers are in anodized aluminium. You can change the pads of the 2-finger gripper depending of your application. To learn more on this aspect, there is a good blog post by Mat: http://blog.robotiq.com/custom-gripper-fingertip-design-tips-and-library

Feel free to ask more questions about our grippers: we are very proud of them! And if you have any comments, we are always happy to have feedback from our customers to continuously improve our products. 
    Louis-Alexis Allen Demers, ing., Eng., Ph. D.
    Chargé de projet / Project Manager
  • abeachy_HG24abeachy_HG24 Posts: 79 Handy
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,131 Handy
    The casing+fingers of all our grippers are in anodized aluminium. You can change the pads of the 2-finger gripper depending of your application. To learn more on this aspect, there is a good blog post by Mat: http://blog.robotiq.com/custom-gripper-fingertip-design-tips-and-library

Feel free to ask more questions about our grippers: we are very prood of it! And if you have any comments, we are always happy to have feedback of our customers to continuously improve our products. 
    I was reading the blog post from @mathbelanger as referenced in your reply above and saw that you offer other finger tips for the gripper.  I have not seen those options before, are they on the website?  Also, there is a nice graphic in the article that shows different grips but I can't get it to enlarge nor can I find it on the website.  We are often having to make custom fingers for the grippers for various applications but maybe we could use an off-the-shelf solution instead saving us valuable time and money possibly.  If you don't own a machine shop custom fingers can get pricey.
  • Karine_SimardKarine_Simard Posts: 32 Handy
    @matthewd92 you'll find a list of spare parts here.

Also you can find more info on the grip types in the user manual here.

Hope this helps!

Karine Simard
    Proud member of the DoF Crew
    Director of Marketing
    Robotiq
    [email protected]

• matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,131 Handy
    @Karine_Simard so there is no information about these optional fingers anywhere on the website other than in the spare parts list?  Also, maybe I am being dense but the article states that you have 7 different types of fingertips for the gripper, I only see 1 additional in the spare parts list, the grooved finger.  Squinting at the picture in the article looks like there are a variety of types.  We would be curious to see what they all look like so that we could make an informed decision about purchasing them in the future for applications.

I guess by grip types you are referring to the encompassing versus parallel versus internal and external?  We have used all of those at some point in our history with Robotiq.  Its one of the main reasons that we opt to spend roughly 7x more than a pneumatic gripper on these grippers when the application warrants the added advantages of the various grip types or the need to accommodate a wide range of grip openings/types in a single application.
  • Karine_SimardKarine_Simard Posts: 32 Handy
    @matthewd92 I see what you mean. We'll post an update on the graphics shortly. 

Karine Simard
    Proud member of the DoF Crew
    Director of Marketing
    Robotiq
    [email protected]

• mathbelangermathbelanger Posts: 21 Crew
    Hi all! @matthewd92 see attachement in this post to have more information on the different tips. Note that we already produce some of them but we have  CAD files for everyone of them. I can send you the CAD files or produce them if we think it worth it on the long run. 

Let me know if you have any question or if you are interessted in having CAD files. ( @Karine_Simard @Alexandre_Pare

Regards
    MBB

Mathieu Bélanger-Barrette Jr. Eng. / ing. jr

Production Engineer

[email protected]robotiq.com

@mathbelanger thanks for sharing that.  Some of those look very interesting and could help up with some of our applications.  If you could either share the CAD files or make them available on the website that would be great.