Home Robotiq Products

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
I was wondering how can I pick a square object with no distinct features on it with the vision system?

Comments

• Vincent_PaquinVincent_Paquin Posts: 11 Apprentice
    edited September 2016
    Squares are pretty distinctive themselves. It should work unless there are similar squares in your background
    Vincent Paquin
    Machine Vision Technical Leader
    [email protected]
  • Tyler_BerrymanTyler_Berryman Posts: 122 Handy
    To add to @Vincent_Paquin's answer. You can use the camera locate node with the Robotiq wrist camera and there are no special tricks to it, this is standard programming for this product. If there are no special features to identify on the object then it may be hard to predict how the object will be picked up by the robot. It will always be picked at the same place on two edges but it is hard to identify the edges that it will be picked from. Figuring out which edges it will pick first will depend on matching results. This matching result can depend on many different environment variables such as lighting that may change while the program is running. Anyhow, no matter from which edges the part is picked the robot will always drop this in the same orientation afterwards since the object is square. See the following video with a demo that I made for you using a 3’’x3’’ post-it with the program!

Program
       Robot Program
         MoveL
           Waypoint_1
         Camera Locate
           MoveL
             Waypoint_2
             Gripper Move 54%
             Waypoint_3
         MoveL
           Waypoint_4
           Waypoint_5
           Gripper Open

@Vincent_Paquin can you provide more information concerning how to figure out from which edges that square object will be picked?
    Tyler Berryman
    Robotiq Integration Coach
    [email protected]
    1-418-380-2788, option 3
  • Vincent_PaquinVincent_Paquin Posts: 11 Apprentice
    At the moment, there is nothing allowing to do that.
    Vincent Paquin
    Machine Vision Technical Leader
    [email protected]