Home Troubleshooting

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
Robotiq_CustomerRobotiq_Customer Posts: 123 Apprentice

I am working with the UR10 and Robotiq 3 finger gripper, while I have some problems with the connection of Robotiq Gripper, thus I wonder if I can tend to you for help.

The error “Security Stopped: MODBUS output register could not be set” appears when I set the "MODBUS client I/O setup" under “Installation”-> “MODBUS client” on the controller pad of UR10; this error also appears when I try to run the example code (Software package UR3F-2.0.0) downloaded from the Robotiq web (http://support.robotiq.com/display/Home/Adaptive+Robot+Gripper+3-Finger). In addition, the package was successfully installed on the UR10 controller.

The IP address of UR10 is 192.168.1.10, the same as the IP address of “MODBUS cline I/O Setup” (otherwise the lights on the controller pad are grey). For the connection of Robotiq gripper, I think the mechanical connections are right. The power cable of gripper is connected to a constant voltage source of 24V, and the communication receptacle cable as well as the ethernet cable of UR10 is plugged into an ethernet router; then the router is connected to the computer using an ethernet cable. I am able to communicate UR10 using my computer. The errors are shown as follows. I cannot find any related information online, so I hope you could help me with this problem.

Thanks very much!

Best Answer

Comments

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy

hi there ,

I assume the IP address you mention is the setting in the UR10 network - is it a static or DHCP ?

What is the gateway setting ?

What is the IP address of the 3F gripper ?

Is the 3F gripper connected to the robot via Ethernet ?

It looks strange that the IP address in the Modbus setting is set to the IP address of the robot - it should be the IP address of the gripper.

Maybe also try and set the Frequency down to 5 or 2 - does that change anything ?

Best Regards

Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy

I've seen this in other cases when the customer have the same IP for the robot controller and the Gripper.
    Just have the Gripper to 192.168.1.11 and the robot set to 192.168.1.10, DHCP disable, should be working fine.

You may experience some Modbus comm loss and issues if the UR controller is not updated to the latest version.

Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]