Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 959Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
edited September 2016 in Robotiq Products
I am currently testing a FT150 and I have to say I can now see what everyone means by how sensitive it is, especially when compared to the built in force sensing of the UR robot.  Now that we have started to play with one finally and can see some potential benefits one of the questions I have is other than size and the amount of force that can be applied what are the differences you are seeing in actual deployment of the FT sensors, mainly interested in the difference between the 150 and 300.  Is one more sensitive or respond quicker for instance?

We would be deploying these if we decided to use them on UR3, UR5 and occasionally a UR10

Comments

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Posts: 418Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Handy
    @matthewd92 both Force Torque Sensors use the exact same technology but in a very different package. They both share the same software, the same frequency and the same communication methods. The differences are:
    • Dimensions
    • FT-300 mounts directly on UR while FT-150 needs an adapter (Motoman bolt pattern by default on it)
    • FT-150 will be fully sealed (IP 67) while the FT-300 is not water tight (IP 40)
    • FT-300 has twice the sensing range (±300 N) of the FT-150 (±150N)
    • FT-150 noise on force will be lower then the FT-300
    We are about to update the spec on noise of the FT-150, it's actually not specified the with the same measurements method then the FT-300. We could roughly say that the FT-300 has twice the sensing range but twice the noise on force sensing. An important note: the FT-300 noise on moment is roughly equal to the FT-150, this is were the FT-300 has an edge over the FT-150, you can double the sensing range and using moments instead of force in your application you would keep the same precision.
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 959Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    @Etienne_Samson thanks for the info.