Home Applications

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
ElsayedElsayed Posts: 23 Apprentice

Hello Everybody

In Universal Robot:

1) I am doing Pausing to the program By using an output from PLC [ Pause the program is working fine ].

2) I configured another UR input (PLC output ) to start program and I am triggering this output but robot did not start.

Despite the program could be ran remotely ( from PLC output) in before but I did some changes ( like I add a new variable that and some minor changes in the UR code ) but i did not do anything related to this point.

What do you think about that.

Thanks In Advance,

Elsayed

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,161 Handy
    Is this an e-series robot?  If so, is it in remote control mode?  Otherwise the play button remotely will not work, pause will still work.
  • ElsayedElsayed Posts: 23 Apprentice
    Is this an e-series robot?  If so, is it in remote control mode?  Otherwise the play button remotely will not work, pause will still work.
    it is UR10 CB-Series 
    and Honestly I don't know how can I check the mode (remote /local ) ?

Thank you,
    Elsayed

• matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,161 Handy
    CB3 didn’t have that. I’d make sure that the IO is still configured correctly. We usually set up a Boolean register to act as the play/pause/stop/freedrive from the PLC. 

When you trigger the play at the PLC do you see the output actually turn on?
    Yes DI in universal will be on (light is on ) when the output went out from PLC .

Also i tried Another bit.register ( from ethernet communication between UR/PLC) but no luck.

Do you see program starting.... in the log messages? Maybe an error is being thrown causing it to not start. 
    I will check that tomorrow morning.
    Really thank you for your support.

I checked Log file but I did nit find errors.
    And I reloaded again the installation file but nothing changed.
    edited October 5
    If you wire a physical button to that input can you make the program start playing, my expectation would be that you can’t since the PLC is triggering it and you can see that but worth a test. 

I would also test another input to make sure it’s not just that input and wire a physical button to it for the test. 
    I tried a hard wire and I tested them the program paused  but not run and i swapped DIs for pausing and playing the program to see I found Pause still working but I couldn't be able to play the program.

I believe I have something wrong disabling running the program remotely but I don't know what is that. 

can you post a picture of your installation screen for the IO please. 
    here you are 
    In that picture were you pushing the pause or triggering it from the PLC?
    here you are 
    In that picture were you pushing the pause or triggering it from the PLC?
    It was triggered from PLC.
    Hello matthewd,
    what do you think about  this issue, it is really I am running out of Idea 
    Honestly, I’ve never seen this with a CB3. I would start with disconnecting the PLC and see if you can get a hard input to start the program. If that can occur then I would look at what is conflicting with the PLC. 

If you are not able to trigger play from a hard input without the PLC attached then I would contact your distributor for help as something is not working correctly. 
    Okay i will try hardwire option to check if that allow to the program to run or not.
    But i have a last question i took the installation file and i tried to simulate start and pause for the program i found i can Pause the program but still I couldn't run the program by simulating inputs.
    So what do you think do I have something wrong in my installation file ????.

Really this issue very strange.
    Not sure, you could post your program and installation file or send to me in an email and I can take a look. Email is [email protected]
    I will send it to you tomorrow morning.
    Really your help is highly appreciated
    Hello Mathew,

Did you have a chance to take a look on my code.
    I sent to your email.

Thank you very much.
    Elsayed
    edited October 9
    Not fully, I took a quick look but didn’t see anything that stood out. Should be able to take a fuller look tomorrow or Monday. 
    Take your time I am really appreciate your help.
    Thank you Sir.
    Hello Matthew,

I found something very interesting I tried to test my code in URSIM version 5.9.1.1031110 and I found (Pause and Play ) working by using simulation mode.
    but when I tried my code by using URSIM 3.4.1.59 which is the same current version on the TP I got the below message and I found Pause is working and Play is not working as in the real life so what do you think about that.

It’s possible there’s an issue with 3.4, that is pretty old version. The current version is 3.14 I believe. 

How are you triggering the inputs in the simulator?
    I was triggring it by pressing on it. 
    Thank you matthew for your time and your help.
    today I decide to cycle power on the controller then after that program can be started and paused remotely by PLC.

Thank you again.
    Moelsayed