Home Robotiq Products

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
MattiaHaasMattiaHaas Posts: 4 Apprentice
Hi,

I am currently trying to integrate a FTS300 and a 2F-85 gripper on our Kuka robot. I only have a single Ethernet cable running to the setup and therefore I am using a Mobus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway. The gateway only has a single output port and therefore I can only communicate with one baudrate and the devices also shouldn't have the same slave ID. I therefore wanted to change the baudrate of the gripper to match the one of the f/t sensor and give the gripper a unique slave ID. Unfortunately I am working on a Linux laptop and it seems as if all of the software packages to change those settings only run on Windows. Furthermore the calibration of the f/t sensor also seems to be only available through the UI.

My question therefore is if there is a way to change the settings on the gripper and calibrate the f/t sensor through writing into the registers using a normal python script?

Comments

• bcastetsbcastets Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 198 Handy
    There is no documented way to change FT300 or gripper settings via script.
    Maybe you can run "Robotiq User Interface" software on linux using Wine (https://www.winehq.org/). You could also run it with on a windows VM or find a colleague with a windows PC to make your settings.
  • MattiaHaasMattiaHaas Posts: 4 Apprentice
    I managed to organise a windows machine and to change both the baudrate and the slave Id. If I now try to connect to the gripper and ft sensor over the same network the system still looses connection. I get a connection lost message in both the RUI and the ft sensor demo software. Are there any debugging steps I can try?
    Maybe you could find some example in the documentation of your Mobus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway ?
    If you share a schematics of your connection, settings for each gripper (ID, baud rate,....) and share reference of your Mobus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway, maybe someone will be able to help ?
    You could also share a documented example of connection lose (gripper, FT300 LED status,...).
  • MattiaHaasMattiaHaas Posts: 4 Apprentice
    I figured it out! So the problem probably was that both programs try to open a connection to the device but if the first connection is established then the second can't happen since it is the same network. So what I have done is to write my own script which opens a connection to the serial network and then let's both the force torque sensor class and the gripper base class access the network.
    Good to know that you managed to make it works !