Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
ndroodndrood Posts: 2 Recruit
We're working on a deburring application with our UR10e robot and experienced a pretty hard crash yesterday. After the crash we've noticed the robot is now not moving back to the exact same locations as before. It needs to be moved about 2mm in the Y axis and 1mm in the X axis. Is there a way to adjust the base position or plane to tweak this back into position? I have hundreds of waypoints that would need to be adjusted individually otherwise which I really don't want to have to go do every time something crashes. Because...it will probably happen again.

Comments

• David_GouffeDavid_Gouffe Posts: 56Vacuum Beta tester Handy
    Hi, 

It sounds like a need to see the local distributor of UR to get the right answer.
    Here are some hints.
    They probably will suggest:
    -A calibration.
    -A joint evaluation and replacement. 
    -Something else we do not think at first. 

Good luck with that. 

In case you still want to use a way to offset, a feature point at 2 mm in Y and 1 mm in X and making the move relative to this feature point might work. 
    Still, I strongly recommend getting in touch with UR before trying to cheat. The cheat might not be what you really need. 

Regards.

• QI89QI89 Posts: 3 Apprentice
    Did the physical robot move off its base?  If you can, I'd just nudge the robot that little bit and brace it better so it won't move when it crashes.
  • David_GouffeDavid_Gouffe Posts: 56Vacuum Beta tester Handy
    Base shift is a good hypothesis. Some time it is the frame that bend too. There are a lot of ways to mount the robot. We like to use Vention aluminum extrusion for our demo bot as it is easy to adjust the robot mounting and side equipment. 

Note that you can use Robotiq "Force Copilot" "Collision Detection" feature to use the force sensor FT300 or embedded in eSeries to stop before higher impact. 
  • ndroodndrood Posts: 2 Recruit
    We ended up figuring it out. The robot didn't move (thank goodness) but it ended up being a pinched air line, that came loose after the crash, between the robot and end effector when it changed tools afterwards. But it was a good wake up call to have the robot do a few safety moves before diving into the program at full speed.