Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
vicvic Posts: 8 Apprentice
i want to communicate between gripper hand-e Ethernet ip and kr c4 compact kuka controller port Ethernet ip, in workvisual add eds Ethernet ip file of hand-e, i mapped inputs and outputs, the com led is stable but i dont know how to actívate the gripper.

Comments

• David_GariepyDavid_Gariepy Posts: 164Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0 Handy
    Hello @vic
    If you mapped the registers, you'll then be able to control the gripper using the commands described in section 4.7 of the manual. 

Section 4.7.6 shows an example of a gripper activation command: 

David Gariépy
    Integration Coach
  • vicvic Posts: 8 Apprentice

thanks David_Gariepy,

i will Check that the inputs and outputs are correctly mapped and allow me to activate and deactivate

edited January 28
    can i use kuka krc4 user tech for robotiq gripper post by David_levasseur to configure hand-e gripper in kr c4 compact kuka controller Ethernet ip ?
  • David_LevasseurDavid_Levasseur Posts: 156Beta Tester Beetle Handy
    @vic, it is said that it will work with any model of krc4 controller, version 8.3 and up. As for the Hand-E gripper, the communication and registers and the same as for the 2-Finger Grippers.

thanks David_Levasseur.

one last consultation.
    Is the following configuration correct?
    i mapped each input nic 50-re/eis with 16 bits input kr c4
    for example:
    000:0001:0001 input(Input_Data) with E240#G-E255#G 16 bits.

• David_GouffeDavid_Gouffe Posts: 1 Recruit
    Hi, 

I may suggest you take a look at the EDS file. This file is a typical pre-filled mapping to talk with a specific product. 
    In the support section of the Robotiq web site for the gripper "https://robotiq.com/support/hand-e-adaptive-robot-gripper" there is a sub-section called "Software". It contains a sub-section called "Universal Controller Configuration" that contain configuration files. For Ethernet/IP communication, the file is an EDS. 

The EDS can be imported to be used on the main brand of industrial equipment and helps to configure communication between equipment on the field bus. 

The use of EDS will be specific to the system you use. In your case the Kuka KR C4 controller. It usually will be covered and supported by Kuka. 

This is about as much as we can help on this topic. 

Regards, 

David Gouffé
    Integration Coach
    Coach en intégration