Home Troubleshooting

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
ritchiephamritchiepham Posts: 11 Apprentice
edited April 2018 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

I am experiencing force spikes when the robot is moving. I am using a program that has the robot travel in one direction until it detects a certain force. At that time, the robot will travel to another waypoint. The robot often encounters situations where it will act as if it felt a force even though the sensor is zeroed and nothing is touching the robot. I am actively monitoring the forces of the robot in all axes and can see these spikes.

Any help please?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Comments

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy
    @ritchiepham I will assume you are using Robotiq FT-300 sensor (correct me if it is not the case). What threshold are you using for your detection? With a static robot you should stay around 1N for example, moving will need to go higher. Anything that can induce some forces during the movement? Cables from your tooling for example?
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • ritchiephamritchiepham Posts: 11 Apprentice
    @Etienne_Samson You are correct, I am using the Robotiq FT-300 sensor. The base of the robot is stationary. I am using a value of ~6N as a threshold for detection. There are hoses and tubes connected to the tool. However, I do not believe they will induce forces since there seems to be enough slack on these hoses.