DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
jproberge

Hello @jleng !

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'll be happy to help you with that! I'm sure we will find a solution soon.

So just to be sure, you should first run this command : 

"rosrun robotiq_2f_gripper_control Robotiq2FGripperRtuNode.py /dev/ttyUSB0" 

without quotes, and assuming your Robotiq gripper was mounted as /dev/ttyUSB0. Then, this is when the gripper's led should switch from red to blue. Once that's done, you can try to use our simple minimalist interface to find out if everything if properly working. To do so, you just have to run:

"rosrun robotiq_2f_gripper_control Robotiq2FGripperSimpleController.py".

Then if I understood properly this is when there is nothing happening, am I right? If so, could you:

1) Try to first activate the gripper (pressing on the "a" key on your keyboard, then "Enter"). if that didn't work, reset the gripper ("r"), and re-activate it ("a" again). Try to see if you can now manage to open/close the gripper. I feel these simple steps should make it work.

2) If 1) didn't work, could you please tell me if there is any error message / warning of any kinds? Also, in that case could you please tell me what Linux OS you are using and ROS version. Also, one quick test to make sure this is a problem related to ROS and not a problem related to the gripper itself, you could try using the
Robotiq User Interface (on Windows though) as a quick test.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you still have issues or any other ROS-related question(s). 

All the best,

Jean-Philippe Roberge, 
ROS Package Developper / Maintainer 
j-p.roberge@robotiq.com