Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
stubrgstubrg Posts: 7 Apprentice
Hi I am using a Force search to set a variable waypoint using get_actual_tcp-pose() but I then need to modify this waypoint in the Y axis to stop the head 200mm back from the actual tcp position from the search. Can I do this using trans_pose or is there any easier way?

Best Answer

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 751Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    Do you want to move in the tool frame of reference or the base frame?  Pose_trans uses the first pose you give as the frame of reference so tool for instance, pose_add uses the base frame of reference. Remember that position is given in meters and rotation in radians. 
  • stubrgstubrg Posts: 7 Apprentice
    I want to be able to adjust the tool position so that once it has found the edge of an object from a force search I can return to the same position but be 200 mm back from the recorded search position, I tried to use Pos_trans. With but had error message saying that it could not reach that position. After my force search I tried to record the tcp position into a variable then used tried to Pos_trans this variable with another with axis p(0,0.200,0,0,0,0) to try and achieve a new variable with this modified position with the Y axis back 200mm?