Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
ArigatoMrCobotoArigatoMrCoboto Posts: 10 Apprentice
Hello Robo-bros and gals,

Quick question here. After the robot has successfully carried out the process at which one has designed. What comes next? Green lighting the production? The team and I have spent the past few months working on one application (deburring/polishing). Now that the robot cell is completed, what's typically the next step? Process development? Operator training? I'd like to get an idea from the community to keep the momentum of this robot project. Thanks!

Patrick

Best Answers

• Samuel_BouchardSamuel_Bouchard Posts: 150 Handy
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @ArigatoMrCoboto, adding on @David_Levasseur 's answer.

Here is a summary of the robotic cell deployment:

You can download it here. I'm not 100% sure where you are in the process from your initial message. Is the robotic cell already working on the production line? If so for sure training would be the next step. There is a whole section on training on Lean Robotics (download free, buy on Amazon).

Let me know what you tackle next!

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Posts: 416 Handy
    Accepted Answer
    @ArigatoMrCoboto resistance to any kind of change is common in most organisation, it's even worst with robot automation. But if the employees are trained to use the robot cell, or even better, trained to program the robot cell, the acceptance of the automation is a lot better. The worst thing to do is to deploy a robot without explaining why, how, etc. The Lean Robotics book as also topics on this, communication, training, etc. you should read it!
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]

Comments

• ArigatoMrCobotoArigatoMrCoboto Posts: 10 Apprentice
    As far as development goes. We would fall under the installation on the production line. Currently we are running samples for the customer. Production coordinator wants to send 100 deburred/polished pieces to our customer for final inspection before we train an employee to operate the robot cell. Are most customers reluctant towards robot automation?   

Patrick