Home Programming

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
T800_412T800_412 Posts: 51 Apprentice
Two problems
1. My gripper for some reason sometimes goes to 0% speed and 0% force when the program is started, even though all gripper functions in the program call for 100% for both.
2. I tried to fix this by using the rq_set_force() and rq_set_speed() functions, and now get an error message that rq_set_force() is double defined. I have since removed it from the program (everywhere so far as I can tell) but I still get this error.

1. How do I make sure the gripper is always set to the gripper command settings in the program?
2. How do I find and fix the source of the "double defined" message?

Comments

  • jas088acjas088ac Posts: 5 Apprentice
    having the same problem here. when i grip manually outside of a program with max force i can't move the part in the fingers, but when i start the program and pick up the same part i can put a little pressure on the part and it slides right out. 
  • Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy
    @T800_412 @jas088ac can you send your program urg file along with the polyscope version and any urcaps version you have to [email protected] please?
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • jas088acjas088ac Posts: 5 Apprentice
    edited December 2017
    @Etienne_Samsonso our polyscope version is 3.4.3-77 original urcaps version was 1.1.2 which i upgraded to 1.1.3 after i discovered we were having an issue. (upgrading did not fix the issue). I also installed the user interface to my laptop which i connected 1 of our grippers to the interface to test the grip ability of the gripper. In the interface, the fingers grip so solidly i can actually move the ur5 joint without moving the part in the fingers yet when i connect back to the ur controller thru usb and run the program i can place my finger on the top of the part when it is lifting up and slide the part right out of the fingers. attached is my urp file. please note i am calling this as a subprogram to my main program but it does not make a difference to grip force if i only run this program by itself. I ran a test program to assign a variable to current_force[0]....which i would have thought should be 255 if i set max force but every time it ran the "gripper close" urcap it changed to 100, which i would have expected to be percent but doesn't make sense when i set it to speed 255 and force 255 in the laptop program due to the force of grip it has when in the user interface. 

    edit: sent this to [email protected] as well
Sign In or Register to comment.
Left ArrowBack to discussions page