Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
Sergio_RendonSergio_Rendon Posts: 5Partner Apprentice
Im working on an application that needs the detection of a part with a lot of holes in it, i use the camera locate node and the camera detects all the circles in the part is there a way to differentiate each part by the number of holes in it?

Comments

• David_GariepyDavid_Gariepy Posts: 147Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0 Handy
    edited November 2017
    Hi @Sergio_Rendon,

The camera cannot count the number of object or features. Also, it is not possible to differentiate many objects with only 1 camera locate. You'll need a camera locate for each part.  If the parts are similar, you'll need to search for the part with the most feature first. Then if you don't find any, look for a part with less feature and so on.  If you could share some pictures of your parts we might be able to give you some tips. 

David Gariépy
    Integration Coach
  • Sergio_RendonSergio_Rendon Posts: 5Partner Apprentice
    hi @David_Gariepy

this is the part that im working with, i need to position the piece so that the bottom tab of the piece is always facing a certain position.
  • David_GariepyDavid_Gariepy Posts: 147Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0 Handy
    edited November 2017
    @Sergio_Rendon,
    When you have a part like this where only a small feature give you it's orientation, try to teach only the feature itself. 
    In this case, i would try to teach only the tab. If you get false detection, you might want to use the polygon tool to select more then 1 tab.

David Gariépy
    Integration Coach
  • Sergio_RendonSergio_Rendon Posts: 5Partner Apprentice
    @David_Gariepy
    hi i´ve tried to teach the part using automatic teaching and it recognizes all the tabs on the part, but when i press calibrate, the robot moves to various positions where it cant recognize the part
    Hi Sergio, 
    In this case, you could try to paint the top of the part in white for the teaching process. It will contrast with the inside of the part and you should get a better result. 
    Do you have a CAD file or drawing of this part you could send me? I could 3D print it and test it.
    David Gariépy
    Integration Coach