Home Programming

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
KaanKaan Posts: 10 Apprentice
i seem to have not been able to get robot arm move from it's pick up point to go to it's first drop off point on the pallet linearly, since it has to move through
between two conveyorbelts and stack the buckets in a line form  it is important to have him MoveL instead MoveJ , because it keeps bumping into conveyorbelts
My question is how to make him go MoveL, in other words go straight line between two points for palletising.it says use shared parameters , what is that mean?
thanks.

Comments

• David_GariepyDavid_Gariepy Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 185 Handy
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for but you can change from MoveJ to MoveL from the command menu

Use shared parameter mean it will use the speed and acceleration defined in the MoveL or MoveJ command. But you can define the speed and acceleration for each point if you want. 

David Gariépy
    Integration Coach
  • KaanKaan Posts: 10 Apprentice
    Hi David,
    i know that is where we adjust Move L or Move J but , i have realized that what ever setting comes before pallet function UR uses that Move model
    for pallet function, am i correct or not ? so i had to enter Move L node just before pallet node to make entire pallet moves to be linear instead joint move.
    or am i wrong ?
  • David_GariepyDavid_Gariepy Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 185 Handy
    edited November 2017
    i did a test here and it no matter what kind of move i set before the pallet, it move in MoveL in the pallet function. Might be different if you use a different version of polyscope. 
    However, you can set the move you want inside the pallet function. 
    In the following example, in the first pallet sequence it will move in MoveL, and in the second pallet, it will move in MoveJ between each waypoint.
    If you add your move in a MoveJ, you will have to reselect the anchor position. 

David Gariépy
    Integration Coach
  • MschackMschack Posts: 5 Apprentice
    Hi David,

So I copied the code that you have displayed above. I went in and added my move J, and it worked great the first time. The second time however it just went right back to the first position where it had just previously dropped a part, almost like it lost all it's palletizing effects and is just moving to the same place every time.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Matt
    Did you correctly set the waypoint for the pattern in the pallet wizard? 
    Also if you switch between movej and movel you might need to reteach the anchor position. 
    If that doesn't work, try reteaching all waypoint.
    let me know if the problem is solved. 

David Gariépy
    Integration Coach