Back to discussions page
5 Best practices when setting up an Automation Cell
|Not answered yet|
Setting up an automation cell is not a trivial task but it can get a whole lot simpler when you follow these tips :
- Risk assessment and utilizing safety features : be aware of the international standards for safety with robots like ISO 10218-1, 10218-2, ISO 12100 and the new ISO/TS 15066 on top of any local guidelines and regulations.
- Using potential free interface : so the power systems between your robots and other mechanical devices are not mixed together, but signal exchange is still possible
- Use of compact equipment with many options for mounting to accommodate different environment and space limited work space.
- Use of versatile grippers (end effectors): because sometimes there are different objects for a task, which means the gripper must be able to adapt itself to the objects’ shape.
- Simple is good : a motto that applies to the entire robot cell application process, Simplicity will be a key factor in the implementation, evolution and maintenance of any cell.