DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
zobotics

hkourtev said:
Hi I am at Rutgers University and trying to do the same. I do have an X76 port but I cannot figure out what this type of connector is called in order to order it. I have contacted Kuka but they still haven't gotten back to me. I just need the name of the connector so I can order it from Digikey, Mouser or somewhere else. Thanks in advance!
X76 is the connector on your Robot's base, the signal passes inside the robot from X76 to X34, if you don't have X76 just use a cable that goes from the gripper to its controller.

zobotics

YJW said:
And I do not have a X76 at the base. If this is the case, it would be essential to connect through X65, right?
X76 is the connector on your Robot's base, the signal passes inside the robot from X76 to X34, if you don't have X76 just use a cable that goes from the gripper to its controller.
X65 is the Robot's Ethercat port. You should use an RJ45 cable to connect the robot controller to the gripper's controller, not the gripper itself.

hkourtev

zobotics said:
hkourtev said:
Hi I am at Rutgers University and trying to do the same. I do have an X76 port but I cannot figure out what this type of connector is called in order to order it. I have contacted Kuka but they still haven't gotten back to me. I just need the name of the connector so I can order it from Digikey, Mouser or somewhere else. Thanks in advance!
Thank you however my question about the name of the connector or its type still remains unanswered and an answer would still be helpful. I have made my own connector but I would like to purchase the correct one. Kuka cannot be the only one in the world that uses this type although it seems impossible to find (mostly because I don't know what to call it).