Home Applications

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
NickBaron1NickBaron1 Posts: 5 Apprentice
Hello,

I'm looking to measure the width of objects using the 2-finger 140 gripper. Is this possible to do and if so how do you do it?

Thank you,

Nick Baron

Comments

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy
    @NickBaron1 you can do so using script functions we provide. You should start by having a variable to record the gripper position. Use a variable assignment with:
    position= rq_current_pos()
    this will give you a number between 0 and 255 that represents your object size. With the 2F 140 you get an approximate resolution of 0.65mm. Note that you will need a minimum thickness of 1.2 mm to have something reliable on object detect.

Hope that helps.
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • NickBaron1NickBaron1 Posts: 5 Apprentice
    Okay, thank you. I didn't see this function in the URScript manual; is there a script manual which documents all the functions you can use to interact with the robotiq products?

Nick
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,067 Handy
    Okay, thank you. I didn't see this function in the URScript manual; is there a script manual which documents all the functions you can use to interact with the robotiq products?

Nick
    @NickBaron1 you can find the available script functions documented here
  • Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy
    @NickBaron1yes you can find all of our functions and variables inside our instruction manual. Check the online version, section 4, subsection about UR robots.

http://support.robotiq.com/display/2FIM/4.8+Control+over+Universal+Robots+with+URCaps

Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • NickBaron1NickBaron1 Posts: 5 Apprentice
    Perfect, thanks very much.

Nick