Home Programming

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
mertzgamertzga Posts: 16 Apprentice
I am wanting to have my UR10 stop if a part is not grasped by the 2 finger adaptive gripper. Prior to installing URCaps the program went something like 

If rq_obj_detect=0
MoveJ waypoint
Pop up message 
Halt
This doesn't seem to work the same way with the URcaps upgrade? How can I accompolish this now?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Comments

• Etienne_SamsonEtienne_Samson Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 418 Handy
    @mertzga this will work but you need to correct a few things. The function is " rq_is_object_detected" and it will return either True or False, not 0 or 1.

Tell me if it works with this.
    Etienne Samson
    Technical Support Director
    +1 418-380-2788 ext. 207
    [email protected]
  • mertzgamertzga Posts: 16 Apprentice
    Sweet, Thanks! I will try that and let you know, :)
    Sadly, when I enter it that way it throws a "compile error" stating, "rq_is_object_detected" is not defined" I put a variable in the before start sequence rq_is_...=False. With the same result. Thoughts?

Funny you point me to instructions I was just doing that reading. Thanks.  :)
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,113 Handy
    We use it quite a lot. In case you aren't aware all you need in the if statement is rq_is_object_detected(), you don't have to say equals to True for it to evaluate correctly.