Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
Tyler_BerrymanTyler_Berryman Posts: 122Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0 Handy
edited November 2016 in Applications
Hi all,

I curious to see how sensitive the Robotiq camera was to a variation in the dimensions of a part that was taught to the vision system. So I 3D printed two parts that have the same geometry, but the dimensions are slightly different. The first part is 2.25"x2.25", whereas the second part is 2"x2". The following picture illustrates the small difference between these two parts.

As you can see, the parts are very similar. I taught the larger part to the vision system using a yellow background. I tested the difference between the detection scores, the larger object(The object taught to the vision system) I was getting a detection score of about 82%, and I was getting a detection score of roughly 65% for the smaller part. So I could have used the detection threshold to differentiate these parts, but I would've had to use a second camera locate node to find the smaller part. So I decided to work with a detection threshold of 60% to be able to identify both parts using the same camera locate node. I decided to use the gripper's function " rq_current_position" to get feedback from the gripper regarding the position of the fingertips. When gripping the larger part, I was getting a position value of 89, and I was getting a value of 105 for the larger part. Knowing this I simply used two if statements to place these parts into two different bins. 
Here is a video of the demonstration:

Tyler Berryman
Robotiq Integration Coach
[email protected]
1-418-380-2788, option 3

Comments

• Tyler_BerrymanTyler_Berryman Posts: 122Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0 Handy
    edited October 2016
    Here is the program I used for the demonstration: 
    Program
       Robot Program
         MoveJ
           Waypoint_1
           Gripper Open
         Camera Locate
           MoveL
             Waypoint_6
             Waypoint_5
             Gripper Close
             Waypoint_7
         If rq_current_pos()≥85 and rq_current_pos()≤95
           MoveL
             Waypoint_2
             Waypoint_3
             Gripper Open
             Waypoint_4
         If rq_current_pos()≥100 and rq_current_pos()≤110
           MoveL
             Waypoint_8
             Waypoint_9
             Gripper Open
             Waypoint_10

Tyler Berryman
    Robotiq Integration Coach
    [email protected]
    1-418-380-2788, option 3
  • K_BingK_Bing Posts: 2 Recruit
    edited September 2017
    Interesting application. How precise are the grippers? What does the position value of 105 equate to in Inches?
  • Annick_MottardAnnick_Mottard Posts: 146Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0 Handy
    @K_Bing the gripper will close 0.4mm per count for the 2-Finger 85. It is detailed in this section of the instruction manual. Note that the gripper is fully open at the 0 position and fully closes in encompassin mode at 255. 

Annick Mottard
    Product Expert
    Robotiq
    [email protected]