Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
lakshmip001lakshmip001 Posts: 41Partner Apprentice
edited November 2016 in Programming
I am going to work with Robotiq camera sensor. I was searching how to program a robot using a camera sensor to differentiate size of objects. When I went through I found that I can use this camera sensor for locating an object but didn't get how to differentiate between two objects using size of an object.

Please guide how I can use camera sensor to differentiate objects using size of the objects in the snapshot given.

Best Answers

Comments

• lakshmip001lakshmip001 Posts: 41Partner Apprentice
    Hi Annick_Mottard

Thanks for the help. I can locate the object of different shapes by giving the reference image. If I am going to change shape I need to be changing the reference image. Can I know if I can do automated with the change of reference image for each shape. I hope you can understand it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lakshmi
  • Annick_MottardAnnick_Mottard Posts: 147Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0 Handy
    Hi @lakshmip001 ,

You got this right : the Camera will do part and feature detection of the different parts you will have taught it. The rest of the operations depends on the programming logic you put behind it. 

From Polyscope, in a robot program, the Camera Locate node will act as an "if" statement. If the Camera detects the part or feature it has been taught, the program will perform the commands within this node. Thus, you could add a flag or a state variable that allows you to track which part has been detected. 
    Annick Mottard
    Product Expert
    Robotiq
    [email protected] 
  • lakshmip001lakshmip001 Posts: 41Partner Apprentice
    Hi, Minimum Field of View for Robotiq camera is 10cm x 7.5 cm. Object should be 10% of Field of View to detect the object. So minimum area the object should occupy is 7.5 cm^2. Am I right?