DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
Sebastien

I have been testing an application where the robot would pick parts from a table top and insert it in the proper position of a tray. The client does not want to have a jig that would locate the tray each time. The operator would put the tray on the table, turning on a switch saying to the robot that a new tray has been inserted. The robot would then start picking parts from the table (also using vision) and place parts in the tray. 

I think there are many ways this application can be programmed and I wanted to share mine to get some thoughts on this. My idea is to use a counter variable that would keep track of the parts ID to be inserted in the tray. So under the camera locate, depending where I am at with this counter variable, the robot will move to a certain location to place the part in the tray. Below is the code programmed for the first two positions in the tray. Note that the first camera locate is to locate the part to be picked and the second is the one to locate the tray.

I find that this setup works fine but is a bit time consuming to program if you have a large tray. Any way we can use the Pallet Tool under the vision locate? Any other way you would go around to program this?

Program
   BeforeStart
     tray_count≔0
   Robot Program
     MoveL
       Waypoint_4
       Waypoint_1
     Camera Locate
       Gripper Move 54%
       obj_found≔ True 
       MoveL
         Waypoint_2