Home Integration

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
Matt_HMatt_H Posts: 16 Apprentice
Is it possible to have two (or more) grippers connected to my UR5e (SW 5.13)
I want to have a hand-e gripper mounted to the tool flange to pick up parts and do some process. then have a second (possibly 3rd, 4th and 5th) Hand-e grippers to hold processed parts in a first in first out arrangement.
the Robot mounted gripper will pass the parts into one of the externally mounted  grippers.

how would I connect the external grippers to the UR5e without the tool flange port?
and how to control them?

Comments

• bcastetsbcastets Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 653 Expert
    In such case you will have connect the 2 grippers coupling on one cable that will go to the controller. You will probably need some cable extension.
  • Matt_HMatt_H Posts: 16 Apprentice
    bcastets said:
    In such case you will have connect the 2 grippers coupling on one cable that will go to the controller. You will probably need some cable extension.
    I'm assuming it needs to connect to the Modbus of the Robot. so what cable do I need? It there a pin out for the gripper connections or a cable I can buy?
    Where/how do I configure it and can they be controlled from the URCap?
  • bcastetsbcastets Vacuum Beta tester Posts: 653 Expert
    You would need same hardware needed to make a dual gripper setup for a CB robot (connection at the controller). The 2 grippers will be connected to a single USB port.
    Check gripper manual for details about necessary hardware.
    In the manual booth gripper are mounted on the flange but you can have one on the table and the other on the robot. It will work.
    You will probably nede a cable extension to place one gripper on the table.