DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
bcastets

Some people are using the camera to move the robot relatively to a visual reference. This can be especially useful for glue dispensing application.
It can append that the relative trajectory contains several waypoint and you may have to adjust on of them. To easily edit such relative trajectory it is necessary to have the good program structure and procedure.

Here is a proposal of program structure which give the possibility to easy edit a relative trajectory.

zoom

This program contains a camlocate node which is used to detect the position of a profile.

Under the camlocate in placed a relative trajectory. This trajectory is relative to the position of the object detected by the camera.

The camLocate node use a snapshot position called “profil1”.

The relative trajectory is relative to a feature point called “rTrajectoryRef”.

The relative trajectory if defined as follow:

1-I unsuppress the folder “master setup”. This folder contain instructions to move the TCP at the position of the object detected by the camera.

2-I suppress the relative trajectory folder

3-I execute the program to bring the robot at the position of the object detected by the camera

4-I suppress the “master setup” folder

5-I unsupress the relative trajectory folder

4-I save the position of the relative trajectory feature point to the position

5-I define the relative trajectory

I can now run the program and the robot will move relatively to the position of the object detected by the camera.

To do some modification of the relative trajectory I repeat the following steps:

1-I unsuppress the folder “master setup”.

2-I suppress the relative trajectory folder

3-I execute the program to bring the robot at the position of the object detected by the camera

4-I suppress the “master setup” folder

5-I unsupress the relative trajectory folder

4-I save the position of the relative trajectory feature point to the position

5-I define the relative trajectory

I can now run the program and the relative trajectory modification will be taken into account.