Home Integration

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
henriklarssonhenriklarsson Unconfirmed Posts: 3 Apprentice
Hi all,

I'm totally new to universal robots. Is there a decent guide on how to wire a proximity sensor to a UR10 and I can't really find a decent guide anywhere. It's a capacitive 4 wire pnp sensor.

I'd like to know where the brown, blue, black and white wires need to go.

Many thanks!

Best Answer

• henriklarssonhenriklarsson Unconfirmed Posts: 3 Apprentice
    Accepted Answer
    I figured out - 24V, 0V, input, input... for anyone else that’s as clueless as me about this stuff. 

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,170 Handy
    Brown 24V, blue 0V, white and black are the signals. If it were a 3 wire switch instead, black would be the signal. Also, they need to be PNP as that is what the robot needs. Not NPN. 
  • henriklarssonhenriklarsson Unconfirmed Posts: 3 Apprentice
    Thanks Matthew - I managed to get it yesterday and felt somewhat proud of myself! Lol! Your response is undoubtedly more useful to anyone else that might be doing it for the first time.
  • veryandy1veryandy1 Posts: 7 Apprentice
    on this theme, we have a UR10 for welding and want to fit 2 off 24 volt 3 wire PNP proximity sensors to 2 adjacent jigs, to make sure the parts are loaded correctly before the Cobot starts the cycle. Can anybody let me know where i can physically wire the blue, brown and black wires from each sensor within the UR control panel please ? 
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,170 Handy
    edited October 27
    Blue to 0V, brown to 24V and black or white to a digital or configurable input. You can get the 0V and 24V off of the IO blocks. Outputs have 0V and inputs have 24V available. 
    thank you for your reply Matthew, but knowing a lot more about welding than the wiring of the cobot, we have plenty of digital inputs and outputs free could you suggest which terminals i can put the 3 wires into if possible please ?
    edited October 27

Wire the black wire to any of DI0, DI1....DI7 those are your standard digital inputs. Wire the blue wire where it says 0V and the brown wire where it says 24V. Whichever input you wire the black wire to is what you will use in your program. On the installation tab you can always rename the inputs as well so you can see the names in your program. 
    perfect, got it now. black to any of DI 0-7 and rename the input,  brown to any 24v terminal,and blue to any 0v terminal, thank you for your help 
    Exactly. You’re welcome.