DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.

Hello @11011001

In the Force Control node, Did you try using the current position parameter as shown below (green arrow).
This means it will always use the current position to apply the force. The path in the force orientation won't matter.

Targeted position means that the path in the force orientation matters. It will affect the force applied. It is mainly use when you path is clearly defined which is not your case.
zoom
Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Other suggestion, We can use the "Contact Offset" feature at the beginning of a run to touch the wheel and then know how worn out the wheel is and adjust the trajectory accordingly.

Let me know if you want further details.

Regards.
In regards to the Targeted vs Current, I just tried that and the main thing I noticed is now the part is not reaching the wheel at all. So to give context before the Force Control (with a Multi-Point path inside it) I have a "ready position" that lines the part up with the wheel but is not super close to it. When I had it on Targeted it moved into the wheel. Do I need to adjust that position closer for Current to work? If so how close does it need to be? 

Thank you for your help.