DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
David_Gariepy

Hello Marie, 

I never used RoboDK and it is not a software that we support so I can't really help here but i check to see what i could found
The video has been posted on youtube by RoboTomo
Here's his answer to someone's question: 

In RoboDK, functions for moving the robot (for instance MoveJ) are generated by postprocessor to an urscript code with no problem, that means you can run the code directly from the PC - virtual robot and real robot move simultaneously. But RoboDK function for attach and detach Robotiq gripper is not generated (for example attach should be generated to rq_close), so you have to edit with script (add function in Robodk) and yes, also combine with teach pendant like in my case. In teach pendant you have to make "before start sequence" for communication which includes rq_before_start.script and rq_script.script - you can find those online, after this sequence you download robot program from RoboDK and execute it with teach pendant. But I think that with a little further investigation it is possible to combine before start sequence with main program in RoboDK and run the complete program directly from PC without having it combine with teach pendant.

Basically, robotiq function are unknown to the robot even if the URCap is installed. The definition of these functions is loaded every time a program is run. Therefore, you have to send the definition with each commend you send to the robot. 

The following post could help you create the script file you need to control the gripper: 

https://dof.robotiq.com/discussion/1987/how-to-control-robotiq-product-through-port-30002-on-universal-robot#latest

Hope that helps