DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
Kasem

Hello Mr Matthew , Thank you for your reply 
I think i'm more inclined to use Ethernet IP , but based on the UR ROS Modern driver , the way it works by opening Ethernet socket  and making UR as a client and the PC as the server to ask for the joints position and running a URScript on UR that reads these position and as you said using servoj command 
when i contacted UR , they told me about using an Ethernet Socket too , but the issue is that i need the PLC  to be the Client and open two sockets , one for each UR controller , as i have two robots that need to be controlled from the PLC , and i need the PLC to send and receive data from each UR  based on its opened socket and IP address 
Beckhoff has a TCP library that creates sockets and other blocks that can make the PLC either a server and listens to an opened socket and then receive or send data , and other blocks to make it a client , so it opens the socket and then based on the returned handle and from the open socket with a certain IP AND Port , it can send and receive data to the server 

the reason i want to make the PLC client (Master )and the URs  Servers (Slaves ) , is that i want the PLC to be in control to send the joint variables and commands and then receive feedback from the URs based on the over all logic 

all the search i have done ,found that UR is always client , like in this example by UR 
https://www.universal-robots.com/how-tos-and-faqs/how-to/ur-how-tos/ethernet-socket-communication-via-urscript-15678/

so i wonder how to make the UR as servers ?
and the script that i need to develop to run on UR , i want to make it to execute the recieved joint positions ,and read inputs and outputs ,safety status to make it available for the PLC to read it , if you please could guide me  how to do this 
i read in this link that Profinet is faster ,more deterministic and reliable than Ethernet IP https://us.profinet.com/profinet-vs-ethernetip/
Is there much difference in the implementation of both protocols for the same applications on UR ?

Sorry for the long post , but i hope i made it clear