Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
PrasannaPrasanna Posts: 26 Apprentice
edited April 16 in Programming
i wanted to insert a piece into the slot and it is glass piece. So how can i use force function in order to prevent damaging or pushing the glass piece into the slot.
i do not have experience in Force Torque sensor and its functions.
also when exceeding particular force, the robot should switch to another subprogram.
Note: there is no Force Torque sensor attached. It is e series UR robot. Hope it comes along with FT sensor in its flange.

Best Answers

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 800Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    @Prasanna how complex is the motion that you are trying to do? Is the slot always in position and so you are just trying to make sure that you don't push the part in with too much force or are you needing to find the slot first using a force search function then insert the part?

One thing you might want to look at is the Robotiq Force Co-Pilot software for the E-Series robot.  It comes with a lot of skills pre-built.

If you are trying to do a simple motion there are rather straightforward ways to do that in the current software.

For example, if I am trying to put a part into a known position such as loading a piece into a lathe chuck I can do something like this.

On the `if` statement if you check the box for Check Expression Continuously then the IF statement becomes a WHILE statement so the robot will move toward Waypoint 1 only as long as the force remains less than 10N.  The else is executed anytime the force exceeds 10N and in this case a stop command is issued so that the robot knows to stop and a protective stop is not encountered.

Another option on the 5.3 software is the Move until command, it looks like this.  It allows the robot to move in a direction until some condition is met, in this example the force exceeds 10N.

• PrasannaPrasanna Posts: 26 Apprentice
    Thanks Mr. Matthew unfortunately am at other customer place and i will work with your answers and get back to you by Tuesday for sure.
    Hi @matthewd92
     Am using 5.2.   where can i get 5.3 version....will it be a problem, if i updated to 5.3? because i faced similar situations in Other robot. After upgrading old programs shows some error.

@matthewd92
    @Nicholas_Francoeur
    Thanks to both of you...... Upgraded to 5.3 and the function is working nicely.....Thank again 
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 800Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    You’re welcome