Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
DobotJimYaoDobotJimYao Posts: 2 Recruit
Hi there,

I would like to lower the communication speed of the Force Torque Sencor FT 300 I've got.

My questions is if it's possible to change the RS-485 communication speed the FT 300 has by default.li

Thanks in advance,

imuguruza

Comments

• Nicholas_FrancoeurNicholas_Francoeur Posts: 93Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0, Vacuum Beta tester Handy
    Hello @DobotJimYao, are you talking about the data output rate of 100Hz?
    Nicholas Francoeur
    Co-Founder | Vanguard Robotics
    e:   [email protected]
    w:  vanguard-robotics.com
  • David_LevasseurDavid_Levasseur Posts: 180Beta Tester Beetle Handy
    Hello @DobotJimYao, unfortunately, you can not change the default baud rate of the FT 300. But why would you like to lower it?
  • DobotJimYaoDobotJimYao Posts: 2 Recruit
    Hello @DobotJimYao, unfortunately, you can not change the default baud rate of the FT 300. But why would you like to lower it?
    Hello David.In fact, I was wrong.I want to increase the baud rate to 115200.The reason is that I want to use one RS-485 communication port to connect the Gipper and FT300.
  • David_LevasseurDavid_Levasseur Posts: 180Beta Tester Beetle Handy
    @DobotJimYao, Theoretically that would be possible but we have never tried it. Since you can't change the baud rate of the FT 300, you would have to change the baud rate of the gripper to 19200 instead. You would also have to change the Modbus ID of the gripper because they are both ID 9 by default. You can do those modifications using the Robotiq User Interface. Hope this helps.