Home Programming

Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
StoopidEngineerStoopidEngineer Posts: 15 Apprentice

Hey Gang - Brand new to the forum, relatively new to UR Robots, but have been working in custom automation for the last 10+ years. Working on my first UR Integration, and according to the folks I'm talking to at UR, a lot of what I want to be able to do programming-wise is going to have to be done at the Script level.

I'm not a fan of programming and/or editing in NotePad - is there a good source code editor out there that works with URScript?

Thanks all!

Best Answer

Comments

• ZH2112ZH2112 Posts: 22 Apprentice
    How can I add this to my vscode ? Im a programmin noob!
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,250 Handy
    You will need to build the package and then you can install it in VSCode. 

Here are are some instructions for building it. 
  • JstewartJstewart Posts: 62 Apprentice
    @matthewd92

do you use this in Linux? or can it also but used in windows?
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Posts: 1,250 Handy
    Its available for WIndows or Linux from the VSCode website (Its a Microsoft product actually).  Visit https://code.visualstudio.com/download. The plugin that we mentioned in a previous answer is actually now available directly within the extensions store for VSCode and is accessed from within the product.
    I actually meant the extension and not the VSCode. but i did get it installed and running(i believe) but correct me if im wrong, but i am getting a error when i try and debug my script within VSC, are we not able to debug that way?
    How are you trying to debug your script. I’m not aware of anything unless you are running something like our script runner code. There’s nothing in VSCode by default that can execute the URScript. 

We have an open source project for testing your code and it allows you to run script as well. It runs against a headless version of the simulator. 

You can find more details at https://github.com/Hirebotics/urscript-tools
    i did see that you guys had that runner code and i tried installing but i had some issues, but i will try again!
    If you have any issues please reach out to me at [email protected] and I can either help you or get the right person from our team to help.