Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
cmackincmackin Posts: 4 Apprentice
I am having trouble getting a smooth rotation back and forth +720 degrees and then -720 degrees for a UR10 toot plate or wrist 3 I think it is. I have tried -700 to +700 and it still doesn't work. I have tried breaking the rotation down into approximately 100-degree moves and am able to get it to make that move but it is not smooth. There is a slight pause as it passes through the weigh points. Is there a better way to accomplish this move?

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 986Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    Are you using any sort of blend?  If you are telling the waypoint to stop then when you switch directions it’s going to stop but even with a blend it’s going to stop to change directions. Are you seeing other stops other than at the end of each 720 degree segment?

what is the expected behavior?
  • cmackincmackin Posts: 4 Apprentice
    Only a small blend because it won't take very much. At the end of each rotation, the transition is relatively smooth. The problem is at each intermediate point. There is a faint tick that you can feel as it passes through each point. BTW, I think I actually go from -350 to +350 for a total of 700 degrees.
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 986Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    Which intermediate point are you referring to?  Do you have two waypoints, -350 and +350 or more than that?