Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
Olivier_GrenierOlivier_Grenier Posts: 42
edited June 2016 in Applications
Hello everyone,

We wanted to get your input on how you would apply a sealing material to the part below with a Universal Robots (following the red line).  How many waypoints do you think it would take?

Looking forward to your answers.

Olivier Grenier-Lafond
Sales & Marketing Coordinator @ Robotiq
[email protected]
linkedin.com/in/oliviergl

Comments

• BeachChEBeachChE Posts: 19Founding Pro Handy
    80-110, the more straight lines area, the fewer waypoints.
  • JeanPhilippe_JobinJeanPhilippe_Jobin Posts: 63Beta Tester VIsion 1.1 Program, Beta Tester Beetle, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0 Handy
    edited May 2016
    I agree with @BeachChE , 80-110 is a good guess.
    Since there are around 30 arcs and each arc requires 3 waypoints, I would say around 90.
    Jean-Philippe Jobin
    Eng., M.Sc. / ing., M.Sc.
    Chief Technical Officer / V.P. R&D 
  • Kaleb_RodesKaleb_Rodes Posts: 45Founding Pro, Partner, Beta Tester VIsion 1.1 Program, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers, Beta Tester Camera URCap 1.2.0-beta Handy
    @Olivier_Grenier my estimated guess would be 80.

You're going to need moveP's (will move the tool linearly with constant speed with circular blends, and is intended for some process operations, like gluing or dispensing), some Circle Moves nested in those moveP's, and a couple moveL's for those straight lines.

Almost as simple as it sounds!
    Kaleb Rodes
    Applications Engineer
    Behco-MRM
  • Alexandre_PareAlexandre_Pare Posts: 56 Crew
    Alexandre Pare, Eng.
    Application Engineer
    Robotiq
    [email protected]
  • Ryan_WeaverRyan_Weaver Posts: 45Founding Pro, Partner, Beta Tester VIsion 1.1 Program, Wrist Camera URCap 1.3.0 Handy
    It could be even more if you wanted to simply create massive spline of Move P Waypoints from a CAD model or something like that.  That way, you wouldn't even need to consider using Move C for the radii because you would have so many points in between it would smooth it out.  In that case you may calculate 250 points if you really needed to match the profile.  There are some 3rd party softwares that can do that today if you had a DXF or 3D model.  Alternatively you could just use the FT sensor path generation  ;)

Ryan Weaver   |   Automation Engineer   |   Axis New England
    [email protected]
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AxisNewEngland
    https://twitter.com/axis_newengland

• Olivier_GrenierOlivier_Grenier Posts: 42
    edited May 2016
    Some of you might wonder what @Ryan_Weaver meant by the FT sensor path generation...you can now click here to have a look at the video demonstration. Our answer: No more waypoints!
    Olivier Grenier-Lafond
    Sales & Marketing Coordinator @ Robotiq
    [email protected]
    linkedin.com/in/oliviergl
  • Alexandre_PareAlexandre_Pare Posts: 56 Crew
    edited July 2016
    I found this proof of concept video from Cross Automation on Youtube. This is a typical example of where path recording is a must! @Andrew_Mason any chance you still have the program for this such that we can see how many points it took? Could you try it out with the path recording?

Alexandre Pare, Eng.
    Application Engineer
    Robotiq
    [email protected]
  • lakshmip001lakshmip001 Posts: 41Partner Apprentice
    I am using robot for spray painting application. I want the robot to follow straight line path at a constant tcp speed. Movep gives constant speed but i dont know if i can use for straight line application as it popups an error "Runtime error:“CIRCULAR_ARC_WITH_ZERO_RADIUS"". Can it be used only with circular motions or is there a way to achieve straight line motion with constant tool speed?