Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
ChrisBRChrisBR Posts: 1 Recruit
Hi

I need some assistance with a UR10.

I would like to offset the program in X, Y and Z which works fine when I transform the BASE_VAR, but when 

modifying the program the coordinates references back to BASE instead of BASE_VAR.

See example description below:

-          In my initial program my BASE_VAR is 0 and my X coordinate is 20mm.

-          I now change the BASE VAR to 20mm and my robot moves the additional 20mm.

-          When I modify this waypoint while in the offset position without moving the robot, the value X-Value for my waypoint

changes to 40 and does not stay at 20 because it is referencing back to BASE and not the offset BASE_VAR.

Is there any way of getting around this problem, I need to be able to reference my coordinates to the BASE_VAR and 

not the base when teaching the robot.

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 756Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    I believe you will need to transform your points using the BASE_VAR before using them.  I worked around with this a couple years ago and seems like moveL worked without the transform but moveJ had to be transformed first.  

I just checked in the simulator and a moveL  and moveJ will reference BASE_VAR not BASE when the variable box is checked on the BASE Feature, this is using version 3.8 URSim.  What version of Polyscope are you running?