Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
ZachZach Posts: 3 Apprentice
I have been assigned a task where we will want to have a pop up where an operator can assign a variable.  Essentially we would want the operator to enter a variable into a popup and that would call for a specific sub program.  Just trying to make one program that can accomplish multiple tasks.

Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• ZachZach Posts: 3 Apprentice
    Edit:  I know how to create a user set variable, but I am wanting to do something a little more advanced.  I want to the user to type A2 and have the robot complete the A program and then the 2 portion of the program. 
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 702Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    So are you asking how to split the string "A2" for example into and A and a 2?
  • ZachZach Posts: 3 Apprentice
    Yes exactly.
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 702Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    There are currently no tools available on the robot that do string manipulation, and I do not believe you can access individual characters in the string using array methods either because the string is not stored as a list of any sorts, last I checked.  I just tried in version 3.6 and its not there, may be coming in future releases as there have been a lot of requests to UR to add some string manipulation tools