DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
VictorIgelmo

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to simulate UR5 + Wrist camera + 2 Finger gripper in ROS, first in MoveIt! and then in Gazebo.
Do you know if there is a Wrist camera URDF/xacro?
Also, I've been using 
https://github.com/beta-robots/robotiq repository to simulate 2F 85 gripper, but I would like to switch to the kinetic version of https://github.com/ros-industrial/robotiq. However I can't attach the gripper to the robot easily through including the URDF file in my customised xacro file (as I could do with the beta robots URDFs)

Could you help me?

Best regards,
Victor Igelmo.

jproberge

Hello @VictorIgelmo !

Unfortunately, I only have little experience in simulating devices in MoveIt! or Gazebo. However, here is some minimal information:

-You'll be able to find a valid UR5 model for simulation from the official Universal Robot ROS package available
here . From what I know, they fully support (they have URDF/Xacro description files) for their UR3, UR5 and UR10.

-Unfortunately, we do not officially support the wrist camera in ROS at the moment, and I'm also not aware of any Repos that could provide you URDF/xacro files for this device. 

-I know there are currently no description files for the 2F-85 gripper in our official Github repo. Hence, if I properly understood, you want to use/import a custom xacro file as an addition to your local clone of the officially supported repo? Again, I'm not sure I'll be the best to help you out if that's what you want to accomplish, but I'm willing to give it a try. If you want to share a bit more details about your specific problem(s) regarding that task, I would try to help you out as much as I can. What is happening / what issue(s) are you facing when you try to attach the gripper to the UR5 model?

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe Roberge