DoF - a Robotiq Community
Warning sign
The Dof Community was shut down in June 2023. This is a read-only archive.
If you have questions about Robotiq products please reach our support team.
giannis_let

@giannis_let accelerations and velocity are commonly limited by the risk assessment of your application. The robot specs are perfectly usable, the problem is with safety requirements, if you don't want to fence the robot, you will most probably not use the max settings. What is your application?
I am working on a Human-robot collaborative environment. As I see in ISO 15066, the constraint for max velocity of the TCP, is enough in order to ensure safety, at least for free transient contacts (figure A.4). For a joint motion, there is the option to set linear constraints (at least in Robodk simulation for a UR10 robot), meaning that max velocity and acceleration of the TCP are constrained. Does this make any sense? The reason I am asking is that, the time for the joint motion is now greater than the one of a linear as for the same points. So, what are the benefits using a joint move over a linear?

Thank you in advance!

giannis_let

@giannis_let I use linear or joints move according to the application needs, not to the safety needs.
Assuming I use joint motion according to the application needs. Traditionally, a joint move is constrained by setting angular velocity and acceleration. In Robodk, there is also the opportunity for setting linear constraints on a joint move. So, is it ok to program a joint move with linear constraints (and not the angular constraints)? Or is it counter-intuitive to the nature of a joint move?

Thank you for your help!