Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
airmaxairmax Posts: 6 Apprentice
Hello! How can i programm an Helix movement in Z direction?

Best Answer

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 462Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    This post, http://dof.robotiq.com/discussion/550/how-to-make-a-spiral-motion-on-a-surface-of-5cm-3cm-using-universal-robot , gives an example of a spiral script that allows you to move the arm in a spiral pattern on a plane. We've used this same basic script and given it a z axis component to create a conical helix. You could also modify it slightly to give you a straight helix with a fixed diameter. 
  • airmaxairmax Posts: 6 Apprentice
    Hi Matthew! Thanks for your fast answer. I have seen this post. My problem is more that i want to teach a loop square or circular pattern an when reaching the start/end point to move the tcp in z direction and perform the the loop again. The application will be for rapid protoyping.
  • airmaxairmax Posts: 6 Apprentice
    Hi Matthew! I teached the waypoints with relative postions, also waypoint 1. The movement in z direction works, but when i am moving in process move it will not hold the pattern. It is deviating after every circle in one direction. Is this due to the blend radius?
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 462Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    Try taking waypoint 1 out of the loop. Use it only as a starting point as a fixed waypoint. Make your last relative waypoint be the same location as waypoint 1 when you're teaching. What's happening is waypoint1 is moving over however far it was from the preceding point after each iteration.