Discussion

Left ArrowBack to discussions page
abeachy_HG24abeachy_HG24 Posts: 76 Apprentice
When the UR is in run mode, does the program speed slider default to 100%? Also, is there a way to use a script function of some sort to verify or set the speed slider to 100%? I am using the UR in a sealant dispensing application where the UR picks the part and moves it underneath a stationary needle. We had one cycle where it dispensed too much sealant because the UR was going slower than normal but I believe the UR was running in the program tab and the speed slider may have been lowered by accident.

Comments

• matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 414Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    There is a way to do that, you open a TCP connection to port 30003 and can then send the command. Ill post up here when I get back to my laptop the function that we created to set the speed slider.  We just call it at the top of the program to set it wherever we want, so if I'm debugging I may set it slow and then I can speed up the robot manually. If I have a long program but there's a particular spot I want to go slow I can automatically slow it down so I can see what's happening in a small section for instance. 
  • matthewd92matthewd92 Posts: 414Founding Pro, Tactile Sensor Beta Testers Handy
    @abeachy_HG24 here is the script function that we use:

def runSlow(speed):

socket_open("127.0.0.1",30003)
    socket_send_string("set speed")
    socket_send_string(speed)
    socket_send_byte(10)
    socket_close()

end
    To use this in your program you would just call runSlow(1) to set the speed slider to 100% or runSlow(0.25) to set it to 25%.  I have put this in a background thread before when I wanted to enforce a given speed slider ratio for a program, that way if someone moved the slider in production it automatically moved it back.  You can also choose whether to show the speed slider on the run screen or not.